The holidays are meant to be a happy time to celebrate with family and friends. They often come and go before we have a chance to enjoy them.
Don't let the holidays become something to dread; instead, learn to take steps to prevent stress by recognizing your holiday needs, such as financial pressures and personal demands. With a little planning and a little positive thinking, you can find peace and joy during the holidays.
Tips for reduced stress during your holiday:
1. Start with a vision - Start off with a clear vision of how you want the holiday to go. Communicate your vision and values with family or friends and encourage them to share their vision for the upcoming season.
2. Set goals and prioritize - Allow yourself to say "no" to activities and responsibilities that are not aligned with your mission and objectives.
3. Organize and simplify – Find ways to be more organized during the holidays. Identify ways to simplify. Assign tasks to everyone instead of taking everything on your own.
4. Self Care – Find time to take care of yourself, both physically, mentally, and spiritually. Go for a walk, pray, don't skimp on sleep, read inspiring literature, listen to music, go outside, spend some time in silence, meditate, go to religious services.
5. Set a Budget- We are responsible for our own happiness and health during the holidays. Before you buy, decide how much money you can afford to spend. Next, stick to your budget.
6. Eat well - Establish a healthy eating and drinking strategy during the holiday season and beyond. Don't let the holidays become a free for all. Sweets only increase stress and guilt. Eat a healthy snack before the holidays so you don't get carried away with sweets, cheese, and drinks.
7. Stay active - Find opportunities to stay active to help you feel better, with more energy, focus, and adaptation to the demands of the season.
8. Go Out - If you feel lonely or isolated, reach out to your community, religious services, or other social events. They can offer support and companionship.
9. Explore new experiences - Read, write in a journal, visit a library, study, watch less television, or attend a holiday celebration different from your own.
10. Have Fun - Play, sing, laugh, enjoy. Experience the joy, excitement and wonder of the holiday season.
Wishing you a holiday full of Love, Peace, Joy and well-being!